Friday, August 28, 2009

Cloth Blocks


One of the first toys I wanted for the little guy was a set of cloth blocks. I hunted all over the internet and in stores for a set that I liked and could afford. When he was about 6 months old I gave up the search to start making my own.
I found 30cm x 30cm x 10cm foam pieces at the 100 yen shop. The covers are made from fabric in my scrap basket. Over a year later I'm still working on piecing together the last few blocks. When I'm done there will be about 18 total.
The first blocks have ribbon "taggies" for small hands to grasp. The later blocks have more thoughtful design/pattern combos. There are also a few double-sized blocks for making the roof on a tunnel or house.
Originally I wanted to have the letters of the alphabet and related pictures on each block but I realized I just don't have that much time!

No comments: