Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Baby/Toddler/Child Food Cookbook

On one of the yahoo groups I'm a part of there was an American book suggested as a "must have". I want just one good baby food book and after looking at this one online I had to get it... and am I ever so glad I did!
The book is called "First Meals" by Annabel Karmel.
[51F84PwT7rL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg]
The first thing that caught my attention about he book is that most of the recipes are the make from scratch kind. Since we often don't have the same products in grocery stores here as the ones offered in the US I'm often frustrated when I see a recipe that includes pudding, jello or some other hard to find ingredient.
I love that the book is not just a bunch of recipes. It includes nutritional information and guidelines for each stage of eating from first solids to 7 yrs old. There are example week-long meal plans in the back which are so helpful! I'm keeping one on the fridge to help me make sure I give the little guy a balanced diet.
I'm a "learn by seeing" person and the book has plenty of pictures! They were especially helpful in the beginning when making mushy baby food have the right consistency of mushiness.
A helpful thing for busy parents is that each recipe has details such as preparation time, suitability for freezing and various tips for preparation and presentation.
Some of the recipes look so yummy. It's great to find healthy things the whole family can enjoy!

No comments: