Friday, October 30, 2009

Leaf Matching

I recently discovered a wonderful site called filefolderfun.com. While navagating the site can be a bit tricky due to all the advertising, it is possible to find some fun and easy to prepare activities. The whole concept is that the games and activities are played on a file folder so they are easy to store and take along. I'm adapting them to the Japanese-style clear file and to a the level of my toddler.
Here we have a fall leaves color matching activity. I printed two copies of each of the page: page 1, page 2, page 3. One copy of each is as printed and the other copy has the leaves/helicopters cut out. Since I love to laminate the whole set got laminated.
With a 2 year old it is good to start with one leaf page and the 5 corresponding leaves. You can work your way up to all 10.
Another potential activity is matching the helicopters to the loose leaves by color.

No comments: