Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Felt Turkey

I finally got this put together!!!
This activity has been in the back of my mind since I saw it here on the ChasingCheerios blog last year. I think I did a pretty good job of recreating it!

The backdrop is felt glued onto a piece of cardboard. To limit the number of small pieces the turkey is glued together but removeable from the board. The feathers are cut from 4 different colors of felt.
To start the activity I put the turkey on the big board and the feathers on the small one. The little guy has the picture as a guide. I moved one feather from the small board to the turkey. Obviously he had the idea because he quickly said it was his turn and pushed my hand away!
After decorating the turkey twice he told me it was time to clean up.
This activity is really easy to make and will lend itself well to many variations over the next couple of years!

I am so tempted to use the "Felt Food" lable for this post!!!

No comments: