Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Playing in the Kitchen

Little Guy is 3 years and 0 months old
Little Lady is 2 months and 3 weeks old
I am hesitant to say that these two play together so perhaps it could be called parallel play?
While I was making lunch today I had the company of my two little ones on the kitchen floor.  The Little Guy wanted to give his dog a bath and the Little Lady just wanted to be where the action was.  I have to admit that having them both within my site made it much easier to get the cooking done!  Our old house had a kitchen/dining/living room which made family life a bit easier.  In this place the kitchen/dining is across a hall from the living room/play space so I feel a bit disconnected at times while working in the kitchen.

At one point I heard the Little Guy praying and I turned to see this...
He was thanking God for his little sister and telling the Lord how wonderful she is.  He then proceeded to pray for the various great-grandparents in the hospital.  It was so cute! And a great reminder that even at 3 years old kids can have faith.  They are never to young to learn to worship, praise and pray!

Seriously though, when was the last time you got on your knees in the middle of the kitchen to thank the Lord for something?

No comments: