One of the things we love to do the most in summer is visit the beach.
A successful beach trip, especially when traveling by train, is partially the result of careful planning.
I saw this video on Facebook this week and it reminded me of some of my favorite tips that I've received. Here's our Top 5!
- Keep a bottle of clean water for washing sand out of eyes.
- Use baby powder to help dry/wipe sandy feet.
- Store sand and beach toys in a mesh laundry bag
- Pack quick-dry towels so they will dry between uses
- Pack healthy food - fruits and veggies - with bottles of frozen drinking water
Our beach packing list usually includes:
Wet/sandy bag (big Ikea plastic bag)
- Inflatable inner tubes for the kids
- Kid's lifejackets
- Sand toys in mesh bag
- Small sun shade tent
- Bottle of water for washing sand from eyes
In the Cooler
- Frozen Nalgene bottles of water
- Fresh fruit and veggies cut and in baggies or empty milk cartons
- wet washcloth for wiping hands
- Suntan lotion
- Phone (in a water/sand proof bag)
- Change of clothes for end of day (in a plastic bag that will hold wet clothes when done)
- More snacks
Looking for a beach? Here are some links to information & even some example itineraries from moms!
Atami Sun Beach, Shizuoka
Onjuku in Chiba
Inn By The Sea - Kamakura
Chiba - Splash Guest House